HeinOnline is considered to be an essential, comprehensive online research platform containing periodicals, government documents, international resources, case law, and much more. Since its initial launch in 2000, they have released more than 100 document and subject specific databases, supporting researchers across multiple disciplines.
Atkins continues to expand our HeinOnline collections as we recently acquired 2 more individual collections and 1 package containing 7 databases.
American Law Institute Library
A digital collection that provides easy access to invaluable projects and documents from the American Law Institute that have influenced modern law and society. For those who aren’t familiar with them, the American Law Institute (ALI) is a leading organization in the U.S. that produces scholarly content to clarify, modernize, and work towards improving the law.
HeinOnline’s partnership with Fastcase offers users full-text access to a wide array of historical and current case law at the federal and state levels. The database contains powerful tools for a more intuitive research experience.
Our Fastcase premium subscription includes:
- Case laws included in comprehensive search results;
- Full-text searching of all case laws;
- ScholarCheck: a tool the lets allows users to see where and when a case has been cited by other cases;
- Bad Law Bot, which shows users where courts have noted that a case has been treated negatively.
Fastcase Premium Search Results listing showing a case flagged by the "Bad Law Bot".
U.S. State Package
This package is made up of several databases:
- Bar Journals Library: Featuring complete coverage of nearly all state bar journals, several city bar journals, and select publications from the American Bar Association and others.
- Prestatehood Legal Materials: Derived from the award-winning sourcebook Prestatehood Legal Materials, this database provides brief overviews of state histories from colonization to statehood.
- Session Laws Library: Updated monthly, this resource contains exact replications of the bound session laws of all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- State Attorney General Reports and Opinions: Digital access to the Attorney General reports and opinions for all fifty states as well as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- State Constitutions Illustrated: A collection of the constitutions of the 50 U.S. states, with related documents and resources, full-text access, and a unique map browsing feature.
- State Reports: A Historical Archive: This a digital version of Hein's State Report Checklist includes more than 11 million pages of content, and allows you to explore the most detailed and up-to-date state report checklist currently available.
- State Statutes: A Historical Archive: Provides users with access to superseded state statutes for all fifty states.
You can contact our Social Sciences & History Librarian, Amanda Binder, to learn more about these new HeinOnline resources.
Visit the Electronic Resources Research Guide to view past spotlights, resources new, troubleshooting help, and more.