Availability data updated every 15 minutes
Currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students may borrow PC and Mac laptops on a first come, first served basis at the following campus locations:
- The Information and Research Desk located on the first floor of Atkins Library near the main entrance;
- The Self-Checkout Laptop Kiosk located on the ground floor of the College of Health and Human Services building (CHHS)
Borrowing a Laptop:
- Only currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students may borrow laptops.
- Students must present their UNC Charlotte ID to borrow a laptop. The library does not accept temporary UNC Charlotte IDs.
- For Fall 2021, laptops can be checked out for seven days. Students may contact the Information and Research Desk (704-687-0491) with questions.
- As a courtesy to other students, please return borrowed laptops as soon as you are finished with them.
- Laptops cannot be renewed online.
- Students may borrow only one laptop at a time. For example, you cannot check out a laptop from the Atkins library and another from the self-service kiosk simultaneously.
- Laptops borrowed from the self-checkout kiosk in CHHS are fully charged, but do not have an AC adapter; hence, they are intended for short-term use (+/- 4 hour battery life expectancy). If you need the laptop for a longer period of time, visit the Atkins Information and Research Desk to borrow an AC adapter.
- Your library account must be in good standing to checkout a laptop (no current fines or overdue items pending.)
- AC adapters are also available at the circulation desk for checkout if needed.
- You must log in to the laptop using your NinerNet credentials before leaving campus to establish a user account on the device. If you do not log in to your NinerNet account on the laptop before departing campus, the laptop will not work off campus.
- Laptops checked out from the Information and Research Desk must be returned to the Information and Research Desk.
- Laptops checked out at the CHHS vending machine must be returned to the vending machine.
Laptops are regularly updated and feature currently supported operating systems and antivirus protection. Laptops provide multiple video connectivity options, however, cables must be checked out separately. Loaner laptops come preloaded with a software suite including several industry-leading productivity software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Circulation Replacement Costs:
Patrons are responsible for the cost of repairs for damage sustained to a laptop while in your possession. Patrons are responsible for the entire replacement cost of the laptop if it is severely damaged, lost, or stolen while in your possession.
Circulation Late Fines:
Laptop fines are $1.00 per hour or any part of an hour.