Availability data updated every 15 minutes
Our laptop counter is currently experiencing issues and we are working to address the accuracy of the information. Please call the Information and Research Desk at 704-687-0491 if you need to confirm laptop availability.
Currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students may borrow PC and Mac laptops on a first come, first served basis at the following campus locations:
- The Information and Research Desk located on the first floor of Atkins Library near the main entrance
- We also loan out mobile hotspots at Atkins if you need access to reliable wifi access.
- Detailed laptop policy information.
Borrowing a Laptop from Atkins:
- Only currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students may borrow laptops.
- Students must present their UNC Charlotte ID to borrow a laptop. The library doesn't accept temporary UNC Charlotte IDs.
- For fall 2022, students can borrow laptops for seven days beginning on August 21. You can renew your laptop loan two times for a total of 21 days. After you return your laptop you'll have to wait 24 hours before you can check out another laptop. Students may contact the Information and Research Desk (704-687-0491) with questions.
- As a courtesy to other students, please return borrowed laptops as soon as you are finished with them.
- Laptops can be renewed in person, over the phone (704-687-0491), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through your My Library Account.
- Students may borrow only one laptop at a time.
- Your library account must be in good standing to check out a laptop (no fines over $10 or overdue items pending.)
- Laptops must be returned to the Information and Research Desk. Do not return a laptop in any campus book drop.
- Laptops are regularly updated and feature currently supported operating systems and antivirus protection. Laptops provide multiple video connectivity options, however, cables must be checked out separately. Loaner laptops come preloaded with a software suite including several industry-leading productivity software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- You must log in to the laptop using your NinerNet credentials before leaving campus to establish a user account on the device. If you do not log in to your NinerNet account on the laptop before departing campus, the laptop will not work off campus.
- If you need specific files that you have saved to a laptop you'll need to download it to another device or the cloud to make sure you can retain and have this information before you return the laptop. You won't be guaranteed a checkout of the same device you had previously been working on.
Circulation Replacement Costs:
Patrons are responsible for the cost of repairs for damage sustained to a laptop while in your possession. Patrons are responsible for the entire replacement cost of the laptop if it is severely damaged, lost, or stolen while in your possession.