Donating Student Org Records
Student activities are an important part of the UNC Charlotte community and are key to understanding the university’s history. The University Archives is here to help your organization preserve and share its history for current and future Forty-Niners
When your group donates its records to University Archives you are helping future members to:
- Answer questions about past projects
- Find historical facts and photos.
- Make connections to group alumni.
- Get inspired by previous initiatives.
What Can You Donate?
We want to help you preserve records that showcase your organization’s decisions, activities, and role on campus. Materials that can be donated to the archives include:
- Founding documents like charters and by-laws
- Meeting minutes and agendas
- Correspondence (including email!)
- Photos and videos of events
- Promotional materials
- Websites and social media content
Tips on Archiving Records
Keep minutes and save copies of publications, promotional materials, and correspondence that document your group’s activities. Label all records and keep them in a safe, central location. Make a plan for how records will be handed off to new officers. This includes electronic documents on Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
Ready to Get Started?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization is ready to donate its records. We can assist you with both physical and digital records. Let us help you make a plan to get and stay organized!