Preserve and Share Your History!
Our mission is to preserve and share the history of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region through partnerships with community groups and organizations. Below is a sampling of programs we have to offer.
- Archiving Consultations and Workshops- We will meet with you to discuss tips and strategies for preserving your organization’s materials, including those in paper, audiovisual, and digital formats.
- Scanning Events - We will bring the equipment and staff to to digitize the materials (photographs, papers, etc.) of your orgazation or the community you serve.
- Oral History Workshops- We will provide support for your organization on conducting, recording, and preserving interviews.
- Advice on Donating Your Organization’s Records - Individuals, families and local organizations large and small have donated their historically significant records to Atkins Library or another library or archives. We will advise on how this process works as a way to preserve your records while making them continually available to you and researchers.
- This is not an exhaustive list – we are open to your ideas for how we can work together!
Contact Community Engagement Archivist Adreonna Bennett (email@example.com) to set up a meeting to discuss how we can build a partnership!