The Makerspace will close for the fall semester at 4pm on 12/8 and will reopen for the spring semester at 10am on 1/17.
What is it?
The Makerspace is designed to support:
- Low-tech and high-tech making
- Design thinking
- Academic or personal projects
What’s in the space?
- 3D printers -- (Find a training) (Request a print) (Requests close 12/13/22 and reopen 1/3/23)
- Epilog Zing Laser Cutter -- (Find a training)
- Two desktop CNC routers -- (Find a training)
- Two sewing machines
- A vinyl cutter
- A large format printer -- (Request a print) (Requests close 12/15/22 and reopen 1/3/23)
- A large format scanner
- Circuitry kits
- Other items and supplies for making
How can I use the Makerspace?
You can use our tools and supplies after signing the Safety and Use Agreement.
You can use a machine once you are trained on it. Go to our Technology Instruction page to find our current list of workshops and trainings, and to register.
There are no fees associated with using the Makerspace tools and equipment, but users will pay for selected supplies. Payments are collected at the Information and Research Desk on the first floor.
|3D Printer Filament||$0.25 per gram ($1 minimum)|
|Vinyl||$1.00 per linear foot|
|Large Format Printing (B&W)||$1.80 per linear foot|
|Large Format Printing (Color)||$6.00 per linear foot|
|Wood Sheets||$0.10 per square inch|
|Wood Blocks||$0.15 per cubic inch|
|Tile||$0.20 per square inch|
Questions and Assistance
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk with a Makerspace Monitor.
Other Campus Makerspaces
Visit Make.UNCC.edu to learn about makerspaces all across campus.