Outside groups' visits to Area 49 are by request only. Please review the policy below and fill out the form at the bottom of the page to request a visit. We will get back to you shortly about your request.
- The maximum number of people varies per space, but larger groups can be split for activities, depending on availability.
- Students must be accompanied by a teacher or chaperone. The library requires that there be at least one teacher or chaperone for every 30 students in your group.
- All visitors must bring a signed waiver agreement. This includes all non-UNC Charlotte groups, as well as minor groups, parents, guardians, and chaperones. Forms must be signed by a parent or guardian for anyone under the age of 18.
- All groups should have at least one learning goal for their visit to Area 49. Group leaders must work with the librarians to determine appropriate activities for their group and for the stated learning goals.
- Once activities are determined, Librarians will recommend certain consumable supplies in advance that the group should provide in order for the activity to take place.
- Groups must make their own parking arrangements when visiting campus. For personal vehicles, the Cone Visitor Deck is located within walking distance of the library. The library cannot reimburse groups for parking costs. Groups arriving in buses will need to be dropped off on campus, and the bus parked off campus.
- Availability depends upon timing within UNC Charlotte’s academic calendar, so providing multiple date possibilities for your visit increases the likelihood of accommodating your request. Please understand that Area 49 is a very busy library space, and sometimes we will be unable to accommodate your request.