The ANSWER Scholarship Family-Friendly Library Rooms (FFLR) in Atkins Rooms 206 and 209 are places where caregivers can bring their children to play and learn while they study. The rooms are a campus resource that enhances adult students’ ability to excel in their academic programs while caring for children and dependents age 16 and under. The FFLR is a collaboration between Atkins Library and the ANSWER Scholarship.
Students who have children ages 0-16 and are interested in reserving this space for study must register in advance of their first visit to the room. Once registered, the student can make a reservation immediately on the Atkins Library website (groupstudy.uncc.edu). For access issues, please visit the Library Security Office on the main floor. For problems or questions with reservations, please visit the Circulation Desk, also on the main floor.
Supervision of Children
Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times when in the building. Unaccompanied minors under the age of 16 will be asked to leave if they cannot provide identification to indicate that they are participating in a UNC Charlotte program or activity. UNC Charlotte Policy 716.
The rooms are secured with card swipe access to those registered during their reserved time.
Room 206 is equipped with:
- Group-sized table with a large wall-mounted visual display and wireless connection
- “SMART” whiteboard with Bluetooth connection
- Kid's Couch and Beanbag Chair
- writable easel and dry-erase wall, markers, crayons, and DVDs in a hanging cabinet.
Room 209 is equipped with:
- Early Literacy Learning Station (as seen in public libraries)
- Two Computers and Two Desks
- TV, DVD Player & Headphones
- Kid’s Table & Chairs
- LeapFrog Educational & Disney Movies
- An assortment of Children’s Toys, Books & Coloring Supplies
Additional campus and community resources available to support parenting students are outlined on the Office of Adult Students and Evening Services' Parenting Resources page.