Self-Service Photographing and Scanning of Materials
You can photograph or scan Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives materials that are in good condition in the Dalton Reading Room. Please check in first with Reading Room staff to determine if photography or scanning is appropriate for the materials.
Fee-Based Digital Copy Services
- Complete the Request Digital Copies Form.
- Fill in as much information as you can about the materials you are requesting copies of.
- Staff members can often answer simple questions about materials, but in-depth research questions related to digital copy requests will need to be researched in person by the requester or their representative.
- In the form, select one of these two types of reproduction services:
- Reference scan PDFs created for personal use (loose, good condition paper materials only)
- High quality digital copies of print, photographic, or audio materials
- See the cost of reproduction services in the Pricing Guide.
- After you submit the form, a staff member will contact you within one week with an invoice for your request.
- It may take 4-6 weeks for requests to be fulfilled once approved and payment is received.
- We will make every effort to give rush orders priority; however, the 2-3 business days turnaround for rush orders is not a guarantee and is subject to delays that may arise.
For uses of reproductions beyond private study, scholarship, and research, users of materials are responsible for understanding and complying with U.S. copyright law. The Society of American Archivists offers this Copyright and Unpublished Materials brochure which is useful for archival research. For more information, please visit the Atkins Library copyright page.
Materials in the public domain may be freely used by researchers. In some cases, UNC Charlotte may own the copyright to materials we hold. In these cases, we invite researchers to request permission to publish by contacting email@example.com.