The Dalton Reading Room, home to Special Collections and University Archives, is located on the 10th floor of Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte. Elevators are available on the ground floor near the Library Cafe and on the first floor to the left as you walk in the main entrance.
Park and walk to the library
The Cone Visitor Parking Deck is the visitor’s lot that is closest to the library. You can find more information about visitor parking, including fees and a map, on the Parking and Transportation Services website. Please see the library's Directions & Parking page for directions to the Cone Deck and walking to the library from there.
Take the Blue Line
To take the campus shuttle from UNC Charlotte Main light rail station, see the library's Directions & Parking page.
To walk from UNC Charlotte Main Station (10-15 minutes):
- Cross the street (Cameron Blvd.)
- Walk through the Wallis Hall breezeway into the courtyard
- Walk through the courtyard between Wallis Hall and Lynch Hall, and through the Lynch Hall breezeway
- Cross the footbridge
- Walk through (or around) the Popp-Martin Student Union
- Cross Craver Road
- Walk up the long sidewalk between Cato College of Education (on your right) and the College of Health and Human Services (on your left)
- At the end of the sidewalk (when you reach the Niner Miner statue), walk up the steps. (Alternative: use the elevator in the Health and Human Services building)
- Atkins Library will be ahead and on your left
Directions to the Loading Dock
The address of the Library loading dock is 411 Library Lane, Charlotte, NC. Here is an electronic map. (Note: the GPS directions do not take you all the way -- you need to cross the sidewalk and take the driveway alongside the library until you can't go any further). See this page for a pdf map